Christie has a new processor in the Spyder line-up, the Spyder X80 which is claimed to be the only video processor capable of handling 4K at a 60Hz refresh rate on a single channel.
“We asked Spyder X20 users what was important to them in a next generation processor. With their input we engineered the most powerful processing machine on the planet,” said Clark Williams, EVP, Content Management & Processing, Christie.
The product offers features including:
- “Massive” display canvas support – A modular configuration supporting up to 24 inputs and 16 outputs, with all connections capable of displaying 4K at 60/50Hz and 4K support for narrow pixel pitch LED, tiled video walls, plus complex, multi-display projection environments
- Card chassis based design to match input and output needs with room to change and upgrade in the future
- All source content can be displayed freely across multiple types of displays including displays configured in portrait mode with Spyder’s ability to rotate outputs individually
- Single channel 4K support on every channel – Christie Spyder X80 supports 4K at 60Hz at 8/10/12 bit processing on a single cable, plus 4K at 120Hz on dual or quad cables
- Super low latency – Continuing in the Spyder tradition, 80 megapixels and 4K at 60Hz support has super low latency impact
- 24/7 operation – Proprietary hardware processor allows 24/7 operation for the most demanding and critical applications
- Scalable and flexible – With industry leading scaling and format conversion, customers can mix and match multiple SD, HD, 4K, and stereoscopic video formats without compromising the creativity to flexibly arrange and manipulate content while maintaining original picture quality
- Christie Spyder Studio client software (GUI) – Advancing Spyder’s reputation for show control, from simple presets to complex frame accurate timelines, Spyder Studio has the flexibility and functionality required for the most demanding live environment.