Following our discussion with Vestel at IFA (Display Monitor Vol 21 No 36), we have now confirmed launch windows for various products that we saw at the show.
* The single-wire TV and OLED TVs have been confirmed as prototypes, with no launch date;
* UltraHD set-top boxes will be launched in Q4’14;
* Freetime set-top boxes from Vestel and consumer brand Finlux will be available in January or February 2015;
* The dual-view 3D LCD TV, which we saw at last year’s show, is on-track to be available in Q1’15;
* A 75″ UltraHD TV will be launched near the end of 2015;
Additionally, the OPS digital signage monitor; signage monitor with face recognition; and social TV features that were demonstrated at the show are available now. We have also heard that Vestel is making Miracast a standard feature on all of its TVs.