NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, today announced the MultiSync® EA245WMi display, capable of simplifying multiple-monitor configurations with an improved, sleek cabinet and 3-sided ultra-narrow bezel design.
The new 24-inch widescreen model features IPS panel technology, LED backlighting with wide viewing angles (178° horizontal/vertical), and 3 ultra-narrow bezels, each less than 1mm thick, in order to create desktop configurations with little distraction so users in corporate, command and control, and financial industries can focus on their work.
Designed for multiple-monitor configurations, NEC’s exclusive ControlSync™ technology allows users to automatically control settings on up to six displays from one primary monitor using the included ControlSync cable. Additionally, the DisplayPort 1.2 daisy chain capability allows for connectivity of up to four monitors through one DisplayPort 1.2 input, simplifying cable connections.
“We are extremely excited to add the MultiSync EA245WMi to our robust product portfolio,” said Kevin Christopherson, Director of Product Marketing for Desktop Displays at NEC Display Solutions. “Its narrow bezels, expansive feature set and consistent visual performance will make it a great addition to any user’s work environment.”
The EA245WMi display also offers smart sensing technology, which automatically detects work conditions to determine the proper display brightness with ambient light and human sensors, as well as touch-sensitive menu controls. A comprehensive input panel, including HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.2 in/out, DVI-D, and 3-port USB hub, connects users to the latest devices. A fully adjustable stand, including height-adjust, tilt, rotation and pivot functionality, gives users a comfortable and flexible work environment.
The display includes the following features:
- 3 narrow bezels (0.9mm left/ right, 0.8mm top) provide a large image with little distraction
- 178-degree wide viewing angles
- 20,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio (1000:1 typical)
- 1920 x 1200 native resolution
- 16:10 native aspect ratio and 6ms response time
- 300 cd/m2 brightness and 8-bit color
- Touch-sensitive menu controls
- Quick release stand with height, tilt and swivel adjustability
- VGA, DVI-D, DisplayPort 1.2 in/out and HDMI 2.0
- 3-port USB 3.0 hub
- Uniformity correction
- Hardware calibration via SpectraViewII software (SpectraViewII bundle also available)
- Integrated speakers (1W x 2) and headphone jack
- ECO Mode™, carbon footprint meter and cost meter
- ENERGY STAR® 7.0 and TCO 7.0 compliant
The MultiSync EA245WMi-BK display ships with a 3-year limited parts and labor warranty, and will be available in September 2016 at a minimum advertised price of $399.
The SpectraViewII EA Kit, which includes NEC’s SpectraViewII Software and a Datacolor Spyder5 calibration sensor, is available as a separate option (SVII-EA-KIT, minimum advertised price of $199) or bundled with the 24-inch monitor as the EA245WMi-BK-SV display at a minimum advertised price of $549.
Check out NEC’s EA245WMi display during the upcoming NEC Display Solutions New York Partner Showcase, taking place October 26 at SIR Stage 37, 508 W. 27th St. in New York City.