YuMe Inc has released the YuMe Connected TV (CTV) SDK, designed to help publishers and advertisers engage audiences with TV-like, full screen ad experiences on connected devices such as Amazon Fire TV and Apple TV.
Popcornflix, a leading AVOD service with applications across Roku, Amazon FireTV, AppleTV, Xbox One, Playstation, iOS, Android, and other OTT devices, is the first publisher to activate CTV campaigns with the new YuMe solution.
Venkat Krishnan, Senior VP of Product, YuMe said
“YuMe pioneered the CTV market with CTV integrations with LG and Samsung in 2011. Since then we have continued to innovate with data-driven targeting capabilities and deeply engaging ad formats. Our latest SDK unlocks valuable data that allows CTV publishers to better monetize their inventory, and advertisers to target the right audience with their message to deliver higher brand ROI.”
YuMe CTV said that its SDK offers publishers and advertisers the following benefits:
- Increased ability to monetize premium inventory. Offers access to Ad Age Top 100 advertisers with TV media budgets. Can help publishers to monetize a higher proportion of premium inventory across available CTV platforms.
- Programmatic Inventory. Supports Open RTB specification to make inventory available programmatically. CPMs with high fill rates for pre-roll and interactive video ads.
- Integration with leading video players. Hosted SDK architecture support for Apple TV, and Amazon Fire TV.
- Publisher support team. Resources available from integration as well as ongoing support to maximize performance.
- Improved audience targeting. The CTV SDK incorporates data from device detection, player dimensions, and location for improved audience targeting to ensure higher relevancy for viewers.
- Optimal ad frequency. Flexible implementation of frequency caps across supported CTV platforms.
- New creative ad formats that drive engagement. Offers three new interactive video ad units to drive higher viewer engagement: customizable microsite; geo locator with a map of nearest relevant locations; and deep linking to connect viewers to a title, app feature or app download.
- Detailed reporting and measurement. Built in viewability measurement, and fine grained reporting metrics for custom ad experiences including time spent.
The YuMe CTV SDK is available now globally.