Most days, our editor, Bob, spends some time looking around the net for news. Here are some articles and links that he thought worth sharing…
(note that registration or subscriptions may be required!)
I don’t usually comment on these links, but this one seems to be worth a comment. The promise of QD OLED, which uses blue unpatterned OLED materials combined with QDs to create red and green light is to reduce the cost and improve the efficiency and lifetimes of OLED displays.The realities of development have made the complexity of the displays much higher than had been hoped earlier. For example, it was hoped that QDs alone would be enough as an emissive layer to give good colour, but it was found that colour filters were also needed to maintain the purity required for good colour gamuts. I will try to return to this topic again with a full Display Daily article.
- Walmart has a deal on LG OLED TVs
- Xiaomi’s Mi Mix Alpha is almost entirely made of screen
- PlayNitride aims to raise a further $100 million for microLED display volume production in 2020
- Lumiode explains its truly-monolithic microLED microdisplay technology
- Q3 OLED Supply/Demand Update – Oversupply in Phones to Persist to 2023