At Bett 2016, Sony Professional Solutions strengthens its position in the market as a provider of innovative technologies for the education sector. At the world’s largest education technology event, Sony will showcase a range of AV solutions that can equip today’s classrooms and lecture theatres for the future. Sony will demonstrate how technology can improve student engagement, encourage faster learning and facilitate greater collaboration in order to meet the demands of an audience that is more tech-forward than ever before.
At Stand F240, Sony will create an interactive learning environment, designed to present solutions developed for classrooms, lecture theatres and common areas – demonstrating how smart AV products can create tailored solutions to meet the precise needs of any educational institution. Fitting budgets from low to high-end, these solutions open up exciting new learning possibilities in every area of today’s school campus.
At Bett 2016, Sony’s stand will feature six distinct areas showcasing the latest learning and collaboration solutions, including:
- Visual learning: Set up as a modern classroom, this area will feature the VPL-SW635C Ultra Short Throw interactive projector controlled by Sony Xperia Tablets and a 43″ BRAVIA 4K Professional Display with HTML5 capabilities. The Ultra Short Throw projectors create big, bright images on a screen, whiteboard or wall, saving space while cutting glare and shadows, enabling teachers to deliver more exciting presentations for their students.
- Engaging lectures: Designed to look like a lecture theatre, this part of the booth will focus on Sony’s interactive presentation solution – Vision Presenter, developed to help educators make greater use of active learning methods. This tool brings together a wide range of multimedia sources to create big, bold, dynamic presentations. It also allows the combination of video, still images, PowerPoint slides and more into a dynamic, super-sized montage that’s easily managed from tablet devices. At Bett, the solution will be integrated with Sony´s 3LCD VPL-FHZ65 laser projector, the SRG-300SE Full HD remote controlled PTZ camera and the PCS-XC1 portable wireless HD video conferencing system, to show visitors how to turn any classroom or science lab into an interactive meeting room.
- Smart signage: Ideal for public spaces, reception and welcome areas to keep students informed, Sony will showcase the FW-55X8570C, a 55″ BRAVIA Professional 4K Colour LED Display. While providing bright, beautiful pictures and affordable running costs, the display will also be equipped with the TDM Digital Signage software which allows users to easily create content and send it to one or more displays.
- Distance learning: Featuring Sony’s FW-55X8570C B2B Display using the Ubicast distance learning solution, this area will showcase how video can add a more personal approach to learning.
- Monitor & protect: Sony will exhibit its latest range of surveillance cameras, including the 4K SNC-VM772R and discrete SNC-XM631, ideal for educational institutions. Keeping students and staff safe is paramount for any educational environment; and the larger the premises, the harder this task can be. Sony’s network cameras include technologies like ViewDR and Integrated IR for reliable monitoring of any school environment, day or night as well as 4K resolution, bringing industry-leading clarity and sensitivity from school entrances to playing fields.
- The power of touch: Sony will also demo the latest touchscreen solutions on the FWL-75W855C and FW-65X8570C BRAVIA displays, giving visitors a first-hand experience and the chance to try this innovative technology.
“Sony is working hand-in-hand with partners, vendors and clients around the world, to create the best interactive solutions for the education industry, whilst also serving as a single point of contact to develop bespoke collaborative solutions tailored to the needs and requirements of any education institution regardless of budget,” – said Damien Weissenburger, Business Head of Corporate & Education Solutions at Sony Professional Europe. “In classrooms, lecture theatres and common areas, Sony’s versatile technology touches every part of a student’s educational journey. Our easy-to-use, energy-efficient products can be combined to build complete educational solutions that deepen student engagement, save time and reduce total ownership costs.”