Optoma has just launched a new 1080p multimedia streaming dongle, the HDCast Pro. This device plugs into a projector or TV’s HDMI port to enable wireless streaming of movies, videos, photos, music, documents or websites straight from a smartphone, tablet or laptop. It will also stream digital content stored on a home network.
But it is not just for home – the dongle is ideal for businesses. It can be used in business projectors for laptop free presentations, to browse the internet or mirror the screen of a laptop or mobile device and can even turn the mobile into a document camera/visualiser.
The HDCast Pro app can be downloaded for free from the Optoma website or the Apple app store. Once downloaded, any smart device can be used to control what’s on the big screen – including zoom, play, pause, rewind and volume. The app also enables users to draw and annotate files on the big screen image from a mobile device.
Optoma’s Head of Product Marketing, Justin Halls, said: “The HDCast Pro is primed for instant plug and play viewing, which muans set-up couldn’t be simpler as no cables are required to connect a source to the projector or TV. It’s a great way to enjoy super-size images that previously could only be viewed on the tiny screen of a mobile device.”
Simple to use and setup, the HDCast Pro app can be used with mobile and computing devices for access to multiple file formats, cloud video and storage, as well as camera, music, video and web-browsing features. The new dongle is also compatible with:
- AirPlay® – wirelessly stream from an Apple mobile device or Mac to a projector, TV or speakers.Or mirror exactly what’s on a mobile device to the big screen.
- Miracast™ – mirror exactly what’s on an Android® device directly on the big screen.
- MHL™ – turn a projector or TV into a smart display by connecting a MHL-enabled smartphone or tablet with a single cable to play games, stream videos and share photos on the big screen.
- DLNA™ – watch videos and view photos stored on a home network.
Support for cloud video means content from YouTube, Vimeo, TED and other online video streaming services can be viewed. Files can also be accessed from Dropbox, Google Drive and other cloud storage services. For added convenience, a built in web browser allows users to surf the internet on a screen that is big enough for sharing content with family and friends.
The Optoma HDCast Pro is capable of streaming 1080p formats including 24 and 30Hz up to 10 metres in any room. This means Full HD 1080p image quality can now be experienced on a big screen, without having to run cables across a room.
A full specification sheet and images for the HDCast Pro together with information on compatible products are available from www.optoma.co.uk
HDCast Pro key features
- Stream Full HD 1080p video wirelessly up to 1080p 30Hz
- 10m range (in room)
- Plug and play – easy setup
- Project wirelessly from laptop or mobile device
- Compatible with AirPlay®, Miracast™ and DLNA™
HDCast Pro specifications
|Supported output resolutions||720p (60Hz), 1080p (24/30Hz)|
10 metre (in room)
|Dimensions (WxDxH) mm||80x30x133|
|OS compatibility / supported operating systems||
Mac OS X 10.9
Android 4.0 ICS