The Hilander Blog recently attended a briefing in Korea by Dolby that summarised the progress on HDR with Dolby Vision. The text of the article is in Korean, but the slides are in English. Dolby said that it now has
- five ‘major’ TV OEMs, shipping products (Vizio, LG, Skyworth, TCL and Loewe) and three (Hisense, Funai and Changhong) mentioned as ‘partners’.
- six Hollywood studios (Warner Bros, Sony, MGM, Universal, Paramount and Lionsgate)
- 50+ cinema titles graded and released (or announced) in Dolby Vision
- 100+ titles available in the home this year
- four streaming service (that slide is missing, although we know of Amazon, Vudu and Netflix and they are the only ones mentioned on the partner slide)
- There are six chip makers with SoC support (Amlogic, Hisilicon, Mediatek, MStar, Realtek, Sigma)