Vivitek, a leading brand of visual display products, is today introducing the LED HD Qumi Q6, the new addition to its Qumi Series of pocket projectors. Designed for compatibility with any portable digital lifestyle and business mobile device, Q6 is lightweight and compact, offers high brightness and long life performance, to make it perfect for business and home users who want to wirelessly display digital content from a tablet or smartphone instantly onto an impressive, 90”/2.3m sized screen area.
“This latest model in the Qumi Series continues the trend for innovation we’ve shown with each new generation of the product,” comments Holger Graeff, General Manager, Vivitek EMEA. “We’ve increased the brightness as well as the ability to easily share content – whatever the source. So whether it’s content from a digital camera, laptop, smart phone, tablet, USB flash drive or even directly from its 2.5GB user accessible on-board memory, the Q6 is the perfect high-impact projection device.
Thanks to its native WXGA resolution, the 800 ANSI Lumens of brightness and its 30,000:1 contrast ratio, the Q6 projects an outstanding colour image onto a screen area of up to 90’’ diagonal. The Q6 also offers long life and low maintenance as its LED light source gives up to 30,000 hours of use. The LED light source also means that the Q6 is able to operate at any angle through a 360° spectrum, so portrait mode, ceiling to floor, or any tile angle is achievable with the same visually stunning results.
The Q6 uses the industry standard MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) standard for streaming video and audio content. So from any MHL-enabled mobile device, such as smartphone or tablet, it is possible to reproduce its screen onto a large screen area while charging it with the MHL cable (included).
For those who prefer to project directly from the Q6 (without connecting any device) the embedded media player can display documents, photos, videos and audio files instantly. The Q6 also features built-in Wi-Fi for cable-free projection to deliver uncompressed HD digital content transmitted smoothly and beautifully using EZCast Pro application. The Wi-Fi connection to Qumi is not limited to projecting images or video, it essentially replicates the screen of the mobile devices. Q6 is designed with an intuitive touch-sensitive keypad and illuminated backlit controls, and to complete the feature set, the Q6 has a built-in 2 watt loudspeaker.
Small, light and slim, the pocket sized Q6 is the perfect companion for sharing content from mobile devices. The size of a paperback book, and with a weight of only 475 grams and a thickness of 34mm, the Q6 can be conveniently carried around in a purse, briefcase or backpack. Available in 7 fashionable colors – black, white, light blue, red, orange, charcoal gray and gold – the Q6 is a personal device that matches your style, whether in business, school or home environment.
- Native WXGA (1280 x 800) resolution with high definition 720p compatibility
- Bright 800 ANSI lumens and 30,000:1 contrast for brilliant and sharp images
- Project a large and wide screen image up to 90” in diameter
- Weighs just 475 grams and is 34mm thick
- Energy efficient LED light source offers up to 30,000 hours of operation
- Wirelessly stream and all types of content
- MHL compatible
- Integrated media and document viewer
- Display contents directly from a USB flash drive or from the on board memory
- Advanced display connectivity including: HDMI, USB, and internal Wifi
- 3D compatibility with DLP® Link™ and HDMI 1.4b Blu-Ray support for dazzling and realistic life-like images
- Built-in 2 watt audio speaker with multiple audio ports for easy device connection
- Touch-sensitive keypad with illuminated backlit controls
- Intuitive mobile remote control app* (Andriod™/iOS) for convenient control of the projector’s functions and features
- 7 exciting colors including: black, white, light blue, red, orange, gold, charcoal gray
Pricing and availability
The new Qumi Q6 pocket projector will be available from September 2015, at a list price of £480 inc. VAT, and it benefits a 3 year warranty. Education warranty upon registration is 5 years.
In addition to the Qumi Q6, the Qumi range is composed of two others pocket projectors: the Qumi Q4 with a brightness up to 500 ANSI lumens and the Qumi Q5 which adds MHL compatibility and includes a multimedia player as well as a Wi-Fi connection via a dongle. Two personal projectors complete the range: the Qumi Q7 Lite with a brightness up to 700 ANSI lumens and the Qumi Q7 Plus with a brightness up to 1000 ANSI lumens.