NEC Display Solutions in the US has updated the E Series of displays. It also released the pricing. (E326, E436, E506, E556 and E656 displays will be available this month at a minimum advertised price of $399, $599, $839, $1,149 and $1,999, respectively.
The company also highlighted a feature we hadn’t seen before, which is wake-on-HDMI, which allows the display to automatically sense when an HDMI signal is present and power on to that input. In addition, the updated E-Series displays feature a built-in digital/analog ATSC/ NTSC tuner when a coaxial connection is necessary, along with text-to-speech functionality when close captioning is present.
- Investment protection through 3-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight
- Updated on-screen menu user interface
- Integrated 24-hour On/Off Simple Scheduler function
- CEC control through the HDMI interface
- Integrated down-firing speakers with digital audio out
- Reduced environmental impact as a result of the elimination of hazardous materials and reduced power consumption due to LED backlight technology
- Sleek design with slim bezels and built-in audio
- Multiple connectivity options, including HDMI x3, VGA and RCA Composite/Component