SXSW Interactive — Humaneyes Technologies today at SXSW Interactive is launching its highly-anticipated Vuze VR Camera as the first 3D-360 degree virtual reality (VR) camera that captures professional quality video combined with 3D audio at an accessible price.
The accompanying Humaneyes VR Studio software provides fully automated production and editing tools that deliver the industry’s fastest rendering of VR content in just minutes. The Vuze Camera will allow prosumers, filmmakers, video and production industry pros, and virtually anyone to create incredible stereoscopic VR videos and still pictures at the push of a button – all in a camera small enough to fit in a pocket.
“We’re excited to officially bring the incredibly simple to use, affordable and highly portable Vuze VR Camera to the market,” said Humaneyes’ General Manager of North America, Jim Malcolm. “Consumer-grade 360 cameras may be easy to use and affordable, but they don’t provide the depth of VR video that filmmakers and the creative community now require to tell their stories.”
Key features and benefits of the Vuze Camera include:
- Eight full HD cameras simultaneously capture dynamic 360-degree VR video or stills in stunning 4K per eye resolution
- Four internal microphones create a 3D audio field
- Simple, one button operation with integrated remote control via Wi-Fi and mobile app (iOS and Android)
- Up to two hours of video capture on a single charge
- Automated software offers not only simplicity, but the industry’s fastest rendering of VR content with near real-time processing (one minute of rendering for one minute of recorded footage – dependent on system GPU). The software is now available for PC, and coming soon for Mac
- View and share 3D or 2D content online with YouTube, Facebook and others, or via any major VR platform and HMD
- Portable, lightweight design, and available in yellow, red, black and blue
“From the beginning, Humaneyes has had the vision to capture the true human experience. As the VR market rapidly evolves, we’re looking forward to seeing the amazing and immersive content to emerge from the Vuze VR Camera,” Malcolm continued.
The Vuze Camera is available for order now at $799. The accompanying version of the software for Mac will be available this summer. For more information on Vuze Camera, and to order, visit www.Vuze.Camera, B&H Photo and other pro video resellers. Follow Vuze on Facebook and Twitter.