EIZO Corporation (TSE: 6737) announced that eleven of its FlexScan EV series monitors are among the first products to meet the new TCO Certified Generation 8 criteria.
TCO Certified, organized by TCO Development Sweden, is the world’s most comprehensive sustainability certification for IT products. It concerns socially-responsible manufacturing and environmental awareness, including the handling of hazardous substances and recycling, as well as user ergonomics. EIZO has actively participated in the TCO labeling system for monitors since its inception in 1992.
Under the new TCO Certified Generation 8, criteria has become stricter, including not only product requirements, but also company requirements. Some of the new guidelines include:
- Use of safer chemicals in cable insulations
- Provide enhanced after-service information in consideration of the life cycle of products
- Structure safer chemical management in the manufacturing process
- Manage appropriate working hours for employees
- Prepare an anti-corruption management system
- Responsible procurement of minerals (now including cobalt)
- Disclose information regarding energy management
In addition to the below listed models, EIZO plans to receive certifications for future products.
- FlexScan EV2216W
- FlexScan EV2316W
- FlexScan EV2430
- FlexScan EV2450
- FlexScan EV2451
- FlexScan EV2456
- FlexScan EV2457
- FlexScan EV2750
- FlexScan EV2780
- FlexScan EV2785
- FlexScan EV3285