The wearable technology market is a combination of multiple device types, applications, and use cases. The breadth and diversity of the market makes it unique, and unlike any other consumer electronics category that has existed before.
According to a new white paper from Tractica, the wearables market is diversifying at an extraordinary pace. New device categories are emerging, applications are proliferating in consumer and enterprise markets alike, and business models are evolving rapidly. The white paper identifies and examines 10 key trends that will shape the next stage of evolution for wearables, and is available for free download on the firm’s website.
“The wearables market is a collection of micro trends within each device segment, application area, and world region,” says research director Aditya Kaul. “It is important to examine each of these areas closely in order to gain a comprehensive view about how the market will take shape in the years ahead.”
Key trends analyzed by Tractica within the white paper include the following:
- The diversification of wearables beyond just smart watches and fitness trackers
- The growth of wearable operating systems beyond just Apple and Google
- A shifting market focus toward wearable user interfaces and analytics
- The role of North America as the primary market for wearables, with China ascending as a major market
- Corporate wellness programs and the “quantified enterprise”
- The continuing importance of crowdfunding in the wearables market
- The emergence of wearables as a service
- The prospects for smart clothing as a key wearable technology category
- The merging of wearable cameras and virtual reality (VR)
- The role of smart augmented reality (AR) glasses in the future of computing platforms
Tractica’s white paper, “Wearables: 10 Trends to Watch”, highlights 10 key market trends for wearables that are worth watching as the market moves from an early adopter stage to becoming a mass-market proposition. The white paper provides a comprehensive view of the wearables market with its diversified sets of devices and applications. These trends are based on the ongoing research and analysis that is part of Tractica’s Wearable Devices Advisory Service. A full copy of the white paper is available for free download on the firm’s website.