TCL, one of the top three global television brands and leading consumer electronics company, debuted its latest artificial intelligence (AI)-powered 8K TVs, including the flagship TCL X10 QLED 8K TV and an 8-Series flagship TV, its first QLED 8K TV for the US market, at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The company also officially announced it has joined the 8K Association as a founding member and launched its new branded platform for AI solutions, TCL AI-IN.
The two newly-launched 75-inch QLED 8K TVs incorporate TCL’s latest Quantum Dotdisplay technology and 8K resolution to offer world-class picture quality, while also supporting Dolby Atmos® audio technology to create premium home theatre sound performance. They also support a wide range of smart functions powered by Android TV™ with the Google Assistant built-in or Roku (North America only).
TCL also announced it has joined with other display industry leaders to form the 8K Association. The 8K Association will define 8K display performance standards and support the outreach and promotion of 8K to consumers and to industry partners such as streaming service providers to help instigate the expected rapid global adoption of 8K as the resolution standard for big-screen TVs.
“We are seeing demand for bigger screens and premium definition TV products, so we are proud to announce the addition of industry-leading QLED 8K TVs to our AI-powered TV product portfolio,” said Tomson Li, Chairman and CEO of TCL Corporation. “This is part of our continuous drive for innovation and the ongoing delivery of cutting-edge technologies and products to our consumers,” he added.
TCL AI-IN is TCL’s new branded AI platform, under which all of its AI-powered products will be grouped together, and successfully integrate its smart technology partners such as Android TV, Roku (North America only) and Amazon Alexa. With this platform, TCL is building an intelligent ecosystem that provides consumers with a simple, personalized life experience.
Ensuring TCL stays ahead of the curve when it comes to innovation, the TCL X10 QLED 8K TV includes the following key features:
- 8K display technology with a resolution of 7,680 x 4,320 (33.2 megapixels), quadrupling the total number of pixels of a 4K TV and providing detailed images that are closer to real life in clarity;
- Quantum Dot display technology that supports a wide color gamut display, approaching 100% of the DCI-P3 color space coverage;
- Ultra-contrast control zones solution that enables precise backlight control to deliver better, ultra-vivid picture quality;
- Support for Dolby Vision®, which can deliver colors never seen before, highlights that are up to 40 times brighter, and blacks that are 10 times darker compared to a standard picture;
- An integrated cinema inspired soundbar from Onkyo, a world-leading premium audio equipment provider, with support for Dolby Atmos;
- Android TV with the Google Assistant built-in enables users to use only their voice;
- An integrated AI soundbar, allowing the sound system to work independently when the TV is turned off;
- A simple, elegant design, just 14.5mm at its thinnest point, making it one of the thinnest 75-inch direct backlight products in the industry, reducing optical distance to 4mm which is achieved by a revolutionary backlight structure;
- A full-view design, enabling viewers to enjoy an improved viewing experience with a wider screen.
The TCL X10 QLED 8K TV will be available in selected markets from the second half of 2019.
The flagship QLED 8K TV from 8-Series, TCL’s new premium product line, is the most sophisticated, tailor-made TV product launched by TCL in the US market to date. It will be available in 2019. Detailed specifications of the 8-Series flagship TV will be disclosed in due course.??
* Product specifications and sizes differ in different regions. Product availability varies according to local launch plans.
* Google and Android TV are trademarks of Google LLC.
* Dolby, Dolby Atmos, and Dolby Vision are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
TCL will be showcasing its smart home products at its booth at LVCC, Central Hall #12929 from January 8 to 11, 2019.