Sharp Corporation will take part in CES 2020 in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States. To be held from January 7 to 10 (Tuesday to Friday), 2020, CES is one of the world’s largest consumer electronics trade shows.
Under the theme of “Realize”—Making Smart Life a Reality through an 8K+5G Ecosystem and AIoT World, Sharp will reveal its ongoing efforts to the world through an exhibition of its leading-edge equipment and solutions.
1. 8K+5G Ecosystem
Leading the world in this development, Sharp will present an ecosystem based on shooting 8K video, editing the footage, transmitting it via 5G/IP networks, and displaying the finished video. The Sharp booth will feature the world’s largest class*3 120-inch 8K LCD as well as 8K-related equipment such as an 8K PC (to be exhibited for the first time), along with 5G-related equipment such as 5G smartphones. In addition, Sharp will present examples of solutions such as 5G transmission of 8K aerial video taken by drone and maintenance support using 8K video that boosts the efficiency of detecting anomalies in infrastructure such as pipelines.
2. AIoT World
Sharp will introduce its concept of the AIoT World that it is currently pursuing. Sharp will also exhibit a suite of built-in kitchen products as well as a number of air-conditioning products along with related solutions such as recipe downloading, trending information receiving, and remote controlling..
Sharp will introduce displays and smart office-related equipment that will offer new usage scenarios for business. In addition to exhibiting for the first time a 31.5-inch reflective LCD with outstanding visibility outdoors, Sharp will also demonstrate a rollable 30-inch 4K flexible OLED display*4 and a 90-inch see-through LCD. Premium notebook PCs and other smart-office-related devices will also be on exhibit.
Location of Sharp Booth
14006, Central Hall, Las Vegas Convention Center (Nevada, U.S.A.)
Exhibit Highlights (tentative)
• 120-inch 8K LCD (world’s largest class*3)
• 120-inch 8K-equivalent multiscreen display comprising four 4K 60-inch LCDs
• 8K PC (dynabook): Exhibited for the first time (actual production model)
• 8K IP transmission platform
• 5G smartphone (pre-commercial service model for Japanese market)
• 5G router (pre-commercial service model for Japanese market): Exhibited for the first time outside of Japan
• 8K video editing (8K Pro Studio)
• Maintenance support using 8K video (8K Maintenance): Exhibited for the first time
• 8K interactive museum
• 5G transmission of 8K aerial video taken by drone: Exhibited for the first time outside of Japan
• Built-in kitchen products
• Air-conditioning products
Home appliance solutions
• AIoT kitchen solutions
• AIoT air solutions
• Rollable 30-inch 4K flexible OLED display: Exhibited for the first time outside of Japan
• 90-inch see-through LCD
• 31.5-inch reflective LCD: Exhibited for the first time
Smart office equipment
• Premium/standard notebook PC (dynabook)
• Touchscreen displays
*1 Consumer Electronics Show
*2 AIoT: A word coined by Sharp, combining the words AI (artificial intelligence) and IoT (Internet of things). AIoT is a vision of how all kinds of products will connect to artificial intelligence via the cloud and become a people-oriented existence. AIoT is a registered trademark of Sharp Corporation.
*3 For displays consisting of a single 8K LCD panel; based on Sharp research (as of December 18, 2019).
•4 Jointly developed with Japan Broadcasting Corporation (NHK).