SES Result 28/07/2017

By Jasmine Kang Sodha
ses
subscribe

SES announced its FY17 H1 result with revenues of €1,048.7 million ($1,236 million) and net profit of €275.5 million ($364 million), with a net margin of 26%. Both the revenue and met profit were higher on a yearly basis, by 9.6% and 21.2% respectively.

At 30 June 2017, SES’s fully protected contract backlog was €7.5 billion ($8.8 billion). The substantial backlog is the result of the successful commercial activity across SES’s two business units – SES Video and SES Networks. SES Videos contributed 67% of the group revenues, with nearly double revenue from integrated media solutions compared to last year. SES Networks contributed the remaining 33% of group revenues with 25% growth on a yearly basis.