DirecTV Market Share Shifts Regions

thumb DirecTV logo

The DirecTV group will end 2015 with a higher number of pay-TV subscribers in Latin American than in the USA for the first time, according to research from Dataxis. As of Q3’14, US customers represented 51.7% of DirecTV’s 39.1 million global subscribers; the remaining 48.3% were divided between the Caribbean and LATAM. Market share has been shifting to LATAM since the mid ’90s.