Canon U.S.A. Inc. announced the RealiS 4K600Z Pro AV LCOS Laser projector which incorporates all of the same features as Canon’s current 4K600STZ with the new standard throw ratio of 1.3-2.4:1 (throw ratio of 4K600STZ is 1.0-1.3:1).
The projector is intended to be suitable for a range of markets and applications including government, museums, higher education, and medical education and training and uses Canon’s LCOS technology with AISYS-enhancement, a Canon 4K projection lens and dual image processors to produce resolutions up to 4096 x 2400 at up to 60fps
The model also includes a special Marginal Focus function, which can be used to help ensure content projected on the peripheral portions of domed surfaces remains in focus—particularly important to those in the simulation, training and educational fields.
Additional technology found in the REALiS 4K600Z Pro AV LCOS projector includes:
- Laser Phosphor Light Source: Provides an operation life of up to 20,000 hours (20,000- 40,000 hours with extended mode), 360º installation—on any axis, fast boot up at approximately two seconds, wide color gamut supporting RGB, and super quiet modes which allow for operation at just 29db.
- 6000 Lumens: also a dynamic contrast ratio of up to 10,000:1, as well as a consistent level of brightness throughout its zoom range (when screen size remains unchanged).
- High Dynamic Range (HDR): Provides the ability to reproduce content with outstanding high contrast, making gradation close to that of human vision. Additionally, the projector supports the input of video content simulating the 4K/8K broadcast-standard ITU-R BT.2020 color gamut.
- DICOM Simulation Mode: deal for those in the medical education and training field who require displaying monochrome digital X-rays, CAT scans and MRIs with optimum grayscale gradation. This mode, which offers both clear and blue base color temperature presets supports the DICOM Part 14 standard.
- Versatile Connectivity and Network Management: The projector includes two HDMI (version 2.0a), and four DVI inputs supporting single, stripe and cross configurations for 4K, 2K or HD video playback. Network management, includes compatibility with PJLink, Crestron Room View and AMX Device Discovery
REALiS 4K601Z Pro AV LCOS Projector
For those specific applications that require a projector with no wireless connectivity and functionality, the REALiS 4K601Z Pro AV LCOS Projector is available with all of the same features as the 4K600Z, with the wireless connectivity and functionality removed.
Price, Availability and Warranty/Support
The Canon REALiS 4K600Z and the REALiS 4K601Z Pro AV LCOS Projectors have the suggested list price of $77,990.00, and are scheduled to be available through authorized Canon dealers by December 2017*.
Both projectors are backed by Canon’s Five-Year Laser Projector Limited Warranty, and Professional Service & Support, which includes both a Three-Year Advanced Warranty Exchange Service Program and a Service Loaner Program.