Global Sources Mobile Electronics show opens today with 2,300 booths at AsiaWorld-Expo in Hong Kong and runs through Oct. 21. It follows the first phase of Global Sources Electronics which was held Oct. 11 to 14, 2015.
President of Global Sources (NASDAQ: GSOL) Electronics Group, Tommy Wong, said: “Our Mobile Electronics show is the largest of its kind and has grown by more than 100 percent since its launch in 2014. This show will feature more than 400 booths of smartphones and tablets, some 1,200 booths of mobile accessories, and a rapidly expanding Wearables Pavilion.”
Global Sources Electronics showcases Hong Kong as Asia’s innovation hub
- Drones Pavilion and Experience Zone: With soaring demand from photography, surveillance, agriculture and delivery applications, global drones revenue is forecasted to hit US$1.27 billion by 2020. Buyers will be able to see live product demonstrations.
- Robotics Experience Zone: F&P Robotics AG will present its innovative lightweight robot manipulators. In addition, The Chinese University of Hong Kong will demonstrate multiple robotic inventions for rehabilitation, delivery and leisure.
- Startup Launchpad Pavilion: Hong Kong’s first offline trade show platform for startups to promote and showcase cutting-edge products and technologies. Buyers can meet with newly emerging suppliers who are looking for business partners and investors. InvestHK and KPMG are strategic partners for the Startup Launchpad.
Mobile Electronics is the second phase of Global Sources Electronics, which is the world’s largest electronics sourcing show, encompassing more than 5,800 booths. Each spring and fall the show attracts more than 50,000 buyers from 150 countries, including executives from most of the world’s leading brands and retailers.
Among the tens of thousands of buyers expected to attend the Mobile Electronics show are Acer, Amazon, Asus, Audiovox, Belkin, BenQ, Best Buy, Cisco, Fujitsu, Foxconn, Hitachi, Huawei, Intel, Logitech, Microsoft, Panasonic, Samsung, Sharp, Siemens, Softbank, Sony, TCL, Tesco, Toshiba, and many more.
The show is complemented year-round by the industry’s leading Mobile Electronics website. The site delivers exclusive content, updated daily — including Analyst’s Choice which highlights the industry’s newest and most important products.
Value-added services to enhance buyer and supplier efficiency
- New Request for Quotation system allows buyers to request and compare quotes, and communicate with suppliers throughGlobal Sources Message Center.
- New Buyer App provides comprehensive show information including event preview, exhibitor details, a searchable online product directory and travel information.
- New Supplier App helps exhibitors obtain buyer information, inquiry history and respond to inquiries.
- Product Showcase enables suppliers who cannot attend the shows to present their latest products and generate buyer inquiries.
- VIP Buyer Office Suites provide selected buyers with fully-equipped, on-site offices for meetings.
- Conference programs with topics covering China sourcing strategies, and startup business will be hosted by industry experts and thought leaders.
Opening hours for the show are:
- Oct. 18-20 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Oct. 21 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
More information about the Global Sources Electronics show is available at http://www.globalsources.com/exhibitions.
More information about Global Sources is available on the company’s corporate site (http://www.corporate.globalsources.com), Facebook and Twitter (/globalsources).