Vivitek, a leading brand of visual display products, announces today its new generation of Full HD home theatre projectors to create an authentic cinematic experience in a variety of dark or moderate lighting environments.
The new H1186 and H1188 projectors deliver 2,000 ANSI lumens of brightness with a high 50,000:1 contrast ratio. Both models benefit of a native 1080p resolution and include Texas Instruments’ DLP® DarkChip3™ and BrilliantColor™ technologies ensuring dazzling and colourful images with deep black colours.
The Vivitek H1188 includes the VividMotion technology that allows the smoothing of the picture during a fast pan movement, eliminating jitter and glitches in the image. This feature is especially appreciated during the display of action movies and sports events in order to turn any home theater installation into an immersive cinema experience for total enjoyment. To ensure accurate colour and realistic reproduction, these two models are also equipped with a six-segment RGBRGB colour wheel. In addition, the H1188 and H1186 projectors provide MHL support to connect directly with tablets and smartphones for easy streaming of video and audio content.
“With the upcoming availability of these models specifically designed for home cinema, Vivitek moves up into higher gear in the growing entry level home cinema market. Both projectors deliver outstanding performance. For example, the integration of the VividMotion technology in the H1188 offers the users a new level of detail and quality in this category in order to enjoy a true cinematographic experience from the sofa,” comments Holger Graeff, General Manager EMEA of Vivitek Corporation.
Easy to set up and install, the Vivitek H1186 and H1188 projectors feature a vertical lens shift for greater installation flexibility. The projectors include ISF mode for both day and night calibration as well as a complete set of multimedia connectivity options such as two HDMI v1.4 inputs to allow users to connect their cable/satellite receiver, Blu-ray disc player or video gaming console, as well as various I/O ports such as VGA, S-Video, component and composite video, 3D Sync, RS-232, and 12v trigger. Moreover, the lamp lifetime is extended up to 7,000 hours (H1186 only) in dynamic eco mode and its top-sided lamp cover also facilitates easy lamp replacement.
Key features / Specifications of the Vivitek H1186 / H1188
– Full HD 3D 1080p resolution
– 2,000 ANSI Lumens of brightness with a 50,000:1 contrast ratio
– DLP® DarkChip3™ and BrilliantColor™ technologies for detailed image quality
– 3D Ready via DLP® Link™ and Blu-ray 3D movie playback
– Vertical lens shift for greater installation convenience and flexibility
– ISF® calibration compatibility for the best possible image viewing modes
– MHL support for streaming of video and audio contents from a compatible mobile device
– Six-segment RGBRGB colour wheel for outstanding colour reproduction
– VividMotion technology for smooth picture quality, reducing the artefacts especially in fast scenes (H1188 only)
– SRS WOW® technology for high quality audio (H1186 only)
– Complete connectivity including HDMI v1.4 (x2), VGA-In, S-Video, component and composite
– High-efficiency lamp up to 7,000 hours in dynamic eco. mode (H1186 only)
Pricing and Availability
– H1186 €833 + VAT/£649 + VAT Available in white, from May 2015
– H1188 €1083 + VAT/£829 + VAT Available in black, from April 2015
The new Vivitek home cinema projectors benefit from a three year warranty and one year on the lamp (or 1,000 hours of use).