The Society for Information Display has named the winners of the 21st annual Display Industry Awards, which will be presented during SID Display Week this month. SID president Amal Ghosh noted that “‘thin’ is truly in” among the winning products, with OLED technology used in many of them.
The winners of the Displays of the Year category were:
- Apple – iPad Pro;
- Japan Display – 17.3″ 8k LTPS TFT-LCD module.
Display Components of the Year winners were:
- Asahi Glass – XCV glass substrate for light guide plate;
- Corning – Iris Glass light guide plate;
- Nitto Denko – Ultra-thin polariser.
Display Applications of the Year winners were:
- Apple – Apple Watch with plastic retina display;
- Microsoft – Surface Book laptop computer.