“Our new Color Expert technology is part of Samsung’s continued commitment to provide a premium user experience, particularly as more organizations look to technology to deliver internal and external communications in new and compelling ways,” said Ronald Gazzola, Vice President of Marketing, Samsung Business, Samsung Electronics America. “From innovation in product design to enabling easier content management through our relationships with best-in-breed software partners, Samsung is focused on bringing to market new smart signage experiences that drive business results.”
Samsung’s full lineup of commercial displays offers new solutions to address the market demand for visually impactful video walls, small signage designed to drive increased interactivity and new high-brightness displays.
New Seamless Video Walls with Advanced Color Expert Technology
All Samsung video wall displays shipped in 2015 will be applied with Samsung Color Expert technology that is calibrated at the factory. Factory calibration is designed to ensure uniformity for prompt usage after installation. In addition to factory calibration, Color Expert also includes an ACM chipset and user calibration software in case customers want precise color settings beyond the factory calibration.
Samsung Color Expert technology ensures uniformity of brightness as well as uniformity of a single display and across multiple displays, resulting in more vivid, accurate images. Color Expert technology also manages the white balance of each display for uniformity across multiple displays in large scale, while grey scale calibration provides natural shading and gradation without color distortion. The ACM chipset makes the uniformity possible as it enables the display to remember the accurate color.
Small Signage Solutions to Drive Increased Interactivity
Samsung also offers a range of small-form factor digital signage solutions and will feature the next-generation of its SMART Signage Platform. These displays do not require an external media player, simplifying installation and operations for a reduced total cost of ownership. The Samsung small signage solutions include:
- The DB22D-P, a 21.5-inch Full HD commercial display rated for use up to 16-hours daily. Roughly the size of a sheet of tabloid paper, it offers a smart replacement for small static posters used in retail, public spaces or corporate environments.
- The DB22D-T, which adds integrated touch for interactive applications. With up to 10 points of simultaneous touch, it is ideal for enhancing customer engagement and convenience, allowing guests to tap, swipe and scroll to access information.
- The DB10D, a 10.1-inch commercial display ideal for shelf-level advertising or cash register signage in retail or meeting room signage.
High-Brightness Solutions for High Ambient Light
Designed to deliver consistently brilliant performance, the Samsung OMD Series LED-lit LCD displays convey easily readable text and bright graphics in high ambient light environments and outdoor applications, including transportation facilities, banking and retail storefronts, sports arenas, quick service restaurants and convention centers (outdoor use requires custom-designed weatherproof enclosure).
At 2,500 nits, the OMD Series displays offer a high contrast ratio of 5,000:1 for consistent, clear and vivid delivery of visual messaging. Additionally, all OMD Series displays are equipped with Samsung’s circular polarizing technology, which allows for viewing content on the display while wearing polarized sunglasses. The Samsung high-brightness signage solutions include:
- The OMD-W Series, designed for high ambient light indoor environments where brightness and visibility are the main requirements, such as a retail storefront window. With thin bezels of 9.3mm and under, these displays are ready to install and will keep all the focus on your content.
- The OMD-K Series, a panel kit for installing the display within a customized housing in an outdoor environment for all-weather durability, such as drive-thru locations, wayfinding kiosks and entertainment venues. The panels are VESA compliant to easily mount inside a custom enclosure.
Among the other innovations on display at the booth will also be Samsung’s Direct View LED technology for indoor use. For more information about Samsung SMART signage solutions, please visit samsung.com/prodisplay.