The need for higher resolution displays is on the rise – virtual meetings are incorporating more content on a single screen, classrooms are requiring larger displays which increased pixel sizes for closer viewers, and there is a growing interest in up-close immersive experiences. Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide,1 today is adding its high resolution 4K Enhancement technology to its PowerLite L Series with the introduction of the PowerLite L570U, L770U and L775U. The new PowerLite L Series will be on display at ISE 2023.
The new 3-chip 3LCD laser projectors offer WUXGA resolution with Epson’s 4K Enhancement technology2 along with Best-in-Class Color Brightness3 and a virtually maintenance free, 20,000-hour laser light source and air filter.4Engineered to support easy operation and deliver more detail with remarkable brightness, the new models bring strikingly clear images to meeting rooms, event spaces, classrooms, and beyond.
“The surge in hybrid work environments and immersive visual experiences has resulted in an increase in demand for larger displays and more detailed content. The more information that needs to be displayed on a single screen and the closer the viewing distance, the more critical the need for a large display with higher resolution,” said Chris Teguh, product manager, Epson America, Inc. “Adding 4K Enhancement to these already bright and compact projectors will enable end users to deliver more realistic displays and allow viewers to focus on the content and not the technology.”
With the ability to project images up to 500 inches and switch between a variety of aspect ratios, from standard 16:10 to ultra-wide 21:9, the new models elevate entertainment and education spaces and facilitate a more inclusive and collaborative meeting experience. For added seamless operation, the projectors will instantly wake up when sensing a signal or by Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) via HDMI.
Versatile and easy to install, the new 7,000-lumen5 PowerLite L770U (white) and PowerLite L775U (black) and 5,200-lumen5 PowerLite L570U laser projectors offer smooth, ultra-bright, detailed images for true-to-life displays – even up close. The optional attachable PixAlign camera provides access to powerful projection tools that speed up and simplify complex multi-projector installations, such as super wide or stacked, ultra-bright displays.
- 4.6 million pixels on screen – WUXGA with 4K Enhancement1 provides a visibly smoother and sharper display, even at close viewing distances; accepts 4K content
- Large, ultra-wide display – display images up to 500 inches diagonal either in standard 16:10 and 16:9 or in ultra-wide 16:6 and 21:9 for immersive video conferencing
- Streamlined installation – wide lens shift, 1.6x optical zoom, built-in edge blending, and geometric correction tools via on-screen menu or Epson Professional Projector Tool software for Windows and macOS
- Versatile connectivity options – HDBaseT, 2x HDMI inputs, HDMI output, RJ-45, RS-232, and control management tools
- Simplified operation and content sharing – auto power-on, split screen,6 screen sharing with Epson iProjection,7 and optional wireless networking with the ELPAP11 adapter
- Customizable brightness modes – set the projector to maintain a consistent brightness level over time, or set the brightness to Extended to help maximize the life of the laser light source
- Optional PixAlign camera – adds powerful multi-projector tools; blending assist for super-wide displays; simple stacking without an external PC; screen matching and auto color calibration
- Easily programmable with built-in media player and content creation app8 – includes templates, effects, color filters and customizable options; playlist and playback functions allow for seamless content management directly or via the network
The PowerLite L770U (white), PowerLite L775U (black) and PowerLite L570U will be available in March 2023 through authorized resellers. Special pricing will also be available through Epson’s Brighter Futures program. A unique sales and support initiative available specifically for schools, Brighter Futures is designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets. In addition to special pricing, Brighter Futures offers dedicated education account managers and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors and associated accessories.
1 Epson is the #1 projector brand worldwide and in the U.S. according to most recent quarterly data from PMA, a leading high-tech market research and publishing firm specializing in the display market.
2 4K Enhancement Technology shifts each pixel to surpass Full HD resolution on screen.
3 Color brightness measured per IDMS 15.4. Additional colors and picture modes tested. Top-selling Epson® 3LCD projectors vs. comparable top-selling 1-chip DLP projectors based on NPD sales data for October 2019 – September 2020. COLOR BRIGHTNESS WILL VARY BASED ON USAGE CONDITIONS.
4 No required maintenance for the light source and filter up to 20,000 hours. Approximate time until brightness decreases 50% from first usage. Measured by acceleration test assuming use of 0.04 – 0.20 mg/m3 of particulate matter. Time varies depending on usage conditions and environment. Replacement of parts other than the light source may be required in a shorter period.
5 Color brightness (color light output) and white brightness (white light output) will vary depending on usage conditions. Color light output measured in accordance with IDMS 15.4; white light output measured in accordance with ISO 21118.
6 Consult your user manual for Split Screen input combinations.
7 For wireless functionality, including via the Epson iProjection App, the projector must be configured on a network, either through the Ethernet port on the projector (check model specifications for availability) or via a wireless connection. Check your owner’s manual to determine if a wireless LAN module must be purchased separately to enable a wireless connection. Not all Epson projectors are able to be networked. The Epson iProjection App does not support all files and formats.
8 Internet connection required for download. Data usage fee may apply.